Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have a deep passion for technology and are masters at their craft. We build highly sophisticated distributed systems and we don’t take our technology lightly. At Elastic, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a vibrant young company next to some of the smartest and highly skilled technologists the industry has to offer. We’re looking for great team players, but we also promote independence and ownership. We’re hackers… The good kind. The kind that innovates and creates cutting edge products that eventually translates to a lot of happy, smiling faces.
Elastic’s Support team is unlike any other on Earth: while we are spread across 12 time zones and 15 countries, we operate as a unit, as a family. We are massively distributed yet lovingly intimate. The service we deliver is caring, empathetic, and human yet ambitious, direct, and comprehensive. We don’t do it alone, as we are tightly integrated with our core developers in a way that is real, genuine, and never taken for granted. Our team is a dream for someone seeking honest, hard work and rewards. It is a nightmare for anyone afraid to ask questions or be questioned — always forward, never backward. We are not trying to change the world, we already have. We’re just waiting for everyone else to catch up. We have our good days and our not so good days, and we face them together, as a family. We listen. We solve. We guide. We get it. And we’re excited to bring on a new team member to love.
What You Will Be Doing
- Ensuring technical customer issues are serviced within our contractual SLA and managed to resolution
- Maintain strong relationships with our customers for the delivery of technical support
- Resolves customer problems via telephone, email, chat or remote access.
- Have a mindset of continuous improvement in terms of the efficiency of support processes and customer satisfaction
- Work across multicultural and geographically distributed teams
- Contribute to product documentation, customer knowledge base, and best practices guides
- Continuously improve processes and tools in collaboration with the team
- Provide weekend on-call support for the team rotation (8 hours during regular work hours)
- Develop subject matter expertise one key product feature
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Take part in organizational projects, programs and/or business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity to improve performance and customer experience.
- Provide technical leadership in Elastic communities and Knowledge-Centered Service methodology and process.
- Creation of lab environments to replicate customer issues.
- Communicate tactfully with customers: gather information, provide diagnostic and resolution steps, convey process and product guidance
What You Bring Along
- 5+ years of experience in technical support, system administration or related customer-facing role
- A technical background in systems administration, Network Engineering, Software Engineering, etc
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- A customer-oriented focus
- Good understanding of cloud-native and container-based technologies
- Cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure and frameworks such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Understand the Product Lifecycle and future direction for the supported products or product line
- Knowledge of databases or search software technologies
- Experience with SaaS and/or Distributed systems
- You are a Team player; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive and adaptable approach
- Proven strong technical understanding of software products
- Collaboration with Developer teams on escalation issues
- Curiosity is key! You have already researched our products and possibly downloaded our stack to test it out
- Server Administration
- Wireshark or comparable packet analysis tool
- Exposure to scripting (Shell, Python, etc.)
- Experience with support tools and platforms like Salesforce, Zendesk and JIRA.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster and Know Your Rights (Poster)
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions.