Customer Success Manager
Founded by mathematicians and cyber defense experts in 2013, Darktrace is a global leader in cyber security AI, delivering complete AI-powered solutions in its mission to free the world of cyber disruption. We protect more than 8,400 customers from the world’s most complex threats, including ransomware, cloud, and SaaS attacks.
Our roots lie deep in innovation. The Darktrace AI Research Centre based in Cambridge, UK, has conducted research establishing new thresholds in cyber security, with technology innovations backed by over 130 patents and pending applications. The company’s European R&D center is located in The Hague, Netherlands.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, Darktrace has more than 2,400 employees located globally. Customers include public sector agencies, education institutions, media, organizations supplying critical infrastructure, and businesses of all sizes worldwide.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company, named one of TIME magazine’s “Most Influential Companies” for 2021 and one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative AI Companies” in 2022. For more information on our cutting-edge technology, visit darktrace.com.
Darktrace is currently expanding its Customer Success team, which will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the rapidly evolving cyber security industry. You do not need any prior knowledge, just a notable enthusiasm for customer success and willingness to learn. This role is open to those with 1 to 3 years of professional experience.
In the Customer Success role, you will be managing a number of named accounts across our global customer base. You will be responsible for driving adoption and outcomes leading to renewals, expansion, and advocacy across your portfolio. You should have a passion to learn about cyber security and AI, while always wanting to deliver the best service to our customers.
For more information on our product and company, please consult our website.
Key Duties & Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage a portfolio of existing Darktrace customers, ensuring that each customer gains maximum utility from their Darktrace deployment.
- Manage customer escalations to resolution, leveraging cross-functional teams within the business.
- Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities within your portfolio of customers and work with Account Executives and Commercial Directors to drive proof of values.
- Manage and own the renewal processes from commercial negotiations to deal closure for your portfolio of customers.
- Work closely with Darktrace Registered Partners, Darktrace Commercial Directors, Account Executives, Subject Matter Experts, Technical Resources and Cyber Threat Analysts who will support you in performing your role.
- Have excellent organizational and project management skills, working with high valued customers in a pressurized environment.
- Constantly conduct health checks to drive satisfaction and retention.
- Present, discuss and demonstrate Darktrace cyber threat defense solutions to CISOs and information security experts as required.
- The safety of Darktrace staff is of paramount importance and decisions regarding a return to an office environment will be made when the pandemic situation and local, state and national government advice allows it. You will be assigned to a Darktrace office location as your primary place to work, although Darktrace employees are currently working from home.
- You may also be asked to travel, potentially at short notice, to visit customers provided that it is safe to do so, and is aligned with Darktrace policy and local, state and national guidance. This also will be reviewed when the pandemic situation and local, state and national government advice allows it.
For this role you need to be tenacious, driven and have the following skill set:
- Minimum B equivalent grade point average from a leading University
- 1 to 3 years experience in a role that encompasses Customer Operations, Customer Success, Technical Account Management, Client Service or Consulting, Sales
- Ability to manage in complex and crisis situations in a confident and calm manner
- Able to effectively communicate with senior business professionals across every industry vertical
- Familiarity with enterprise networking technology
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Willing to travel to accounts across the region
- Strong time management skills, self-motivation and to be goal-orientated at all times
- Able to effectively work as a part of team
We are a young company with dynamic growth so you must be prepared to work hard and show continued commitment and dedication to the business.
Helping around 8,800 organizations worldwide minimize cyber disruption.