Senior Solution Engineer - Public Sector
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Solution Engineer to join our Public Sector team, focusing on the NSW State and Local Government sector. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in supporting our sales efforts and helping government agencies unlock the full potential of Salesforce's platform.
You will be responsible for presenting a broad range of Salesforce solutions to prospects and customers while handling all technical objections in the sales cycle. Working with the extended sales team you will help to develop a differentiated solution, demonstrate this to the customer, and address any questions and concerns they may have. During this process you will create impactful relationships with your customers and strive to become their trusted advisor.
- Work in partnership with Account Executives to understand the unique challenges and business processes of our Public Sector customers.
- Be a technical expert in Salesforce's suite of products, understand how these solutions can be tailored to address government agency needs effectively and efficiently and explain complex technology concepts to both technical and non-technical customers.
- Deliver engaging and informative product demonstrations and presentations that highlight the advantages of Salesforce solutions to government decision-makers.
- Be able to clearly articulate and present the business value and return on investment (ROI) that government agencies can expect by implementing Salesforce solutions.
- Craft value-driven proposals and presentations.
- Provide expert guidance on best practices, industry standards, and successful strategies tailored to the public sector
- Be an innovator who can create new solutions using out-of-the-box thinking
- Work as a team player by contributing, learning and sharing new knowledge
- Experience working in government or selling to government, and/or managing and responding to bids and tenders, will be highly valued.Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a focus on capturing requirements and use cases, developing a solution and articulating business value
- Superior presentation and demonstration skills with a focus on storytelling
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems
- Experience of working across a range of industries and be able to understand the current landscape and typical challenges and opportunities.
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience in a comparable pre-sales position, supporting the sales cycle in selling CRM or other high value business solutions
- Technical understanding of SAAS solutions, architecture and modern business applications including integrations
- A broad understanding of Cloud Computing and CRM
- Experience in multi product solution selling
- Business Analysis and Business case/ROI construction
- Detailed knowledge of Salesforce platform.
- Be self motivated, flexible, and proactive
- Willingness and flexibility to travel as needed.
What’s in it for you:
- Structured on-boarding as well as ongoing training and development programs
- Outstanding Health and well-being benefits including corporate health cover+ Wellness reimbursements
- Fertility preservation, IVF, Adoption support + Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Flexible work environment
- Clear pathways for career development.
“At Salesforce we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of all ages, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ candidates, and people from multi-cultural backgrounds. Salesforce Australia is committed to walking together with the Traditional Custodians of this land, Australia’s First Nations peoples, as we forge a path to reconciliation. Please see our Reconciliation Action Plan for more information”
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company.