Senior Professional Services Consultant
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
The Professional Services team at Zscaler helps customers best deploy their Zscaler solutions. A Professional Services Consultant at Zscaler is a senior technical individual contributor who will design and configure network and systems configuration to enable customers to use the Zscaler cloud technologies. In this role, you will be a key resource, working hand-in-hand with the deployment team, sales, partners and customers, to provide professional consultancy services to ensure proper design, configuration, resiliency, and overall best practices are followed. And while experience on the company's platform is desired, even more important is having a solid foundation in networking and especially Security technologies.
- Provide deployment services including best practice design, recommendations, and configurations
- Progress and uphold expertise in deploying advanced Zscaler product features and functionality
- Travel to customer locations to assist customers in short-term professional service engagements
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according as defined in the Statement of Work
- Migrate customers from legacy firewall technologies to Zscaler cloud platforms.
- Assist customers with testing or troubleshooting during the deployment. Engaged with Technical Account Manager and Escalate to support as required
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Become a Zscaler cloud services expert through self-study, company training, and a desire to excel
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
- 10+ years of prior work experience in similar positions (e.g. Professional Consultant, Solutions Architect, Security Architect, Technical Marketing Engineer or a Security Support Engineer).
- Minimum Education: Technical bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience deploying and maintaining large scale networking, firewall or security solutions in enterprise environments is important. Experience with Zscaler solutions- ZIA and ZPA is very helpful.
- Able to learn and support cutting-edge technologies while context-switching.
- Strong understanding of how to navigate technical and architectural discussions.
- Comfortable talking about technical topics/issues with business people and business topics/issues with technical people; Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to travel to partner sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Professional experience architecting, and operating solutions built on (in order of preference): Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and other leading cloud platforms.
- Experience with Hypervisors (in order of preference): VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM is essential.
- Industry certifications such as CCIE, JNCIE, PCNSE, CISSP or CCSP preferred.
- Effectively handle multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
- Working knowledge of authentication systems such as SAML, LDAP and MS Active Directory
- Deep understanding of IPSEC, GRE, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS protocols
- Experience with Proxy and SSL is essential.
- Understanding of cybersecurity technologies, protocols and applications.
- Versatile with using various operating systems including Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux
- Hands-on knowledge with network troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Traceroute, and MTR
What You Can Expect from Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
By applying for this role, you adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and Zscaler policies, including those related to security and privacy standards and guidelines.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
Experience your world, secured.