Director of Software Engineering
Who we are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agrifood industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agrifood and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by some of the best investors, such as Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies, and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there.
Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 1.2B acres of land (10% of global arable land). This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
We are looking for a Director of Software Engineering to lead a team of software engineers, and be instrumental in growing the team with some of the globe’s best talent. In this mission-critical role, you will partner with the CTO and business leaders to set priorities, objectives, and clarify the technical strategy and direction of Regrow’s product offerings.
Our Tech Stack:
We pride ourselves on our technology, building modern applications with cutting edge tools. Our cloud native GIS platforms are built on Google Cloud, using Python/FastAPI, GraphQL, multiple databases like MySQL/Postgres/BigQuery and a bit of GoLang on the backend, and React/Typescript for our frontends. Scale, reliability and performance are our goals, and we run dozens of services and thousands of containers on Kubernetes where we have full tracing and visibility. Everything in Infrastructure as a service. In this role, you will help direct the technology strategy of our current tools and evaluate for new ones.
Databases: MySQL, Postgres,, BigQuery
Infrastructure: Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
Geospatial: Google Earth Engine, GIS, etc..
What You Will Do:
- Oversee, mentor, and inspire a diverse team of engineers with a high degree of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Engage in all aspects of software development, including architecture, documentation, testing, deployment, maintenance, and bug-fixing, primarily using Python, Cloud, GIS, etc.
- Manage development projects to ensure they meet the company’s business requirements and goals.
- Identify areas for improvement related to GIS architecture, design, performance optimization, development process, workflows, governance, and tool technologies.
- Review & shape product specs, suggest changes to optimize for ROI, identify edge cases, and improve UX.
- Scale and improve current APIs and services used to power platforms and data delivery.
- Apply modern DevOps practices across development, QA, and production systems.
- Navigate the constantly changing technology landscape to identify and champion appropriate tactical and strategic solutions for improvement to deliver self-service, automated cloud technology.
- 7+ years in a software engineering position or similar function, with a strong understanding of the full software development life cycle, agile development, and continuous integration.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering leadership role managing, mentoring, and providing technical project management guidance to other tech team members.
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables while maintaining a big-picture perspective.
- Exceptional skill and knowledge of Python (or other modern languages).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build strong, productive relationships and teams.
Envision Yourself Here
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.
Unlocking the profit potential of resilient agriculture.