Partner Development Manager
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
- You excel at establishing and growing mutually beneficial business relationships
- You're a bit of a super sleuth and know how to research a business
- You're keen to help people keep their promises and aren't afraid to enforce the rules
- You have an ability to build programs of work driving a commercial outcome
- Ecommerce experience strongly preferred
- Great business development skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- You understand the inner workings of a digital/commerce first agency
- Can work well as part of a team and as an individual contributor
- 5+ years in partnerships or sales. Note we are looking for the right candidate hence tenure is not the only factor considered.
- Most importantly, you need to have the right attitude. Shopify is a fast paced company, hence we need someone who will be proactive, take initiative, be responsive and come to work each day with a growth mindset.
- Creating and executing joint business plans with key partners to develop go to market strategies
- Be able to understand and communicate the competitive strengths of a cohort of partners
- Recruit and educate prospective partners
- Assist with training and onboarding new partners and new employees of each partner
- Managing a pipeline of partner sales opportunities and working alongside the Plus sales team
- Creating a joint value proposition for each partner and identifying who the relevant audience is
- Work with marketing to identify opportunities for campaigns, co-marketing, case studies and events that increase partner pipeline
- Propose potential business deals by discovering and exploring opportunities with existing partners
- Speak and attend events to evangelize Shopify Plus to prospective partners and merchants
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities
The entrepreneurship company.