Senior Software Engineer
Note: Partly is headquartered in Christchurch but has employees across NZ, AU, IN, UK and the EU. There is a slight preference for candidates who can be based in Christchurch or Auckland (if you're relocating, Partly will cover those costs), however, we're open to exceptional talent based anywhere across NZ and AU.
🚀 Our story
Partly's mission is to connect the world's parts and we're doing that by building the first global platform for replacement parts, starting with auto parts. Our big vision is to accelerate the world towards a sustainable future where waste is eliminated and all replacement parts are universally searchable, accessible and available to all.
Founded by ex-Rocket Lab engineers, we utilise bleeding-edge technology to solve challenging but exciting problems that make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry. We've more than tripled our team over the last 12 months and expect to double in size again over the coming 12 months. We're a global team spanning both Europe and Australasia.
We provide a scalable digital infrastructure solution to some of the world's largest businesses and the most exciting startups. Partly's solutions are integrated across hundreds of companies globally, providing the backbone for cataloguing and managing parts online.
Blackbird Ventures (Canva, CultureAmp etc.) led both our Pre-Seed and Seed rounds, alongside I2BF (NYC), Hillfarrance, Icehouse, Peter Beck (Rocket Lab), Akshay Kothari (Notion Co-Founder) and Dylan Field (Figma Co-Founder).
We're continuing to build a world-class team and ensuring Partly is a place where people can do the best work of their lives. We're proud of the culture we've built at Partly, and our values are lived throughout every experience.
🖍️ This role
In this role, you will work alongside other members of our development team to tackle hard, exciting problems and build beautiful software.
💻 What will you do
- You'll be working on mission-critical systems for our core SaaS and API platform.
- You will be ensuring these features are highly scalable, fault-tolerant and accurate.
- You will be working to provide a great experience to businesses using the Partly platform.
- You will be helping to develop and share software best practices with the team.
- This is an opportunity to become an expert in the extremely complex and underserved auto parts domain.
Want to learn more about the problems we're solving and the culture we're building at Partly? Hear directly from our team here: https://tinyurl.com/52mpjzdc
🥷 Your skills
- 5+ years of experience developing complex applications
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals, including data structures, concurrency, architecture, APIs, testing, and design patterns.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of databases and data models, relational and NoSQL
- Experience building reliable, distributed systems
- (Bonus) Experience with automotive parts
- (Bonus) Experience with Node.js
- (Bonus) Experience with Rust
We value transparency in our hiring process and want to give you an idea of what to expect when you apply for roles at Partly. You can go to the following URL to view the end-to-end interview process and who you are most likely to meet with: https://tinyurl.com/39bkn7sv
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- Parental leave and flexible return to work. After returning to work, primary carers can work 4-day weeks for 100% of their pay for the first twelve weeks. For secondary carers, we offer 10 days of leave at full pay.
- Flexible working hours. We’re office-first, but are flexible with hours and working from home when you need to.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Christchurch CBD. With free snacks, drinks on tap, two different coffee machines, social areas, and one of the best cafes in Christchurch 50m away.
- Monthly team lunches to celebrate our wins and enjoy each other's company outside the office.
- Ergonomic workspace. Sit-stand desks, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces to suit all kinds of working styles.
Next-generation parts commerce