Note: Partly is headquartered in Christchurch but has employees across NZ, AU, IN, UK and the EU. There is a slight preference for candidates who can be based in Christchurch or Auckland (if you're relocating, Partly will cover those costs), however, we're open to exceptional talent based anywhere across NZ and AU.
🚀 Our story
Partly's mission is to connect the world's parts and we're doing that by building the first global platform for replacement parts, starting with auto parts. Our big vision is to accelerate the world towards a sustainable future where waste is eliminated and all replacement parts are universally searchable, accessible and available to all.
Founded by ex-Rocket Lab engineers, we utilise bleeding-edge technology to solve challenging but exciting problems that make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry. We've more than tripled our team over the last 12 months and expect to double in size again over the coming 12 months. We're a global team spanning both Europe and Australasia.
We provide a scalable digital infrastructure solution to some of the world's largest businesses and the most exciting startups. Partly's solutions are integrated across hundreds of companies globally, providing the backbone for cataloguing and managing parts online.
Our investors in Blackbird Ventures (Canva, CultureAmp etc.), Square Peg, Octopus Ventures, Hillfarrance, Icehouse, Peter Beck (Rocket Lab), Akshay Kothari (Notion Co-Founder) and Dylan Field (Figma Co-Founder).
We're continuing to build a world-class team and ensuring Partly is a place where people can do the best work of their lives. We're proud of the culture we've built at Partly, and our values are lived throughout every experience.
🖍️ This role
The Sales Engineer will play an essential role in assisting with the selling of technical platforms and systems. The responsibilities include maintaining extensive knowledge of Partly's software, data, and systems and assisting in closing sales where technical expertise may be required to fit the client's needs.
To be successful as a Sales Engineer, you should be comfortable in complex and unfamiliar technology environments, quickly assimilating knowledge of the industry challenges, the latest industry trends, and our company's technical products and services. You should be able to relate this knowledge in a way that is understandable to non-technical customers. You'll communicate with clients across the globe, and work cross-functionally with our Sales, Onboarding, Product & Engineering teams.
💻 What will you do
- Collaborate with Sales to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Provide technical presentations and demonstrate how Partly will meet the clients' needs
- Understand complex customer requirements and find creative and efficient ways of providing solutions
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Identify areas for improvement and communicate these issues as well as possible solutions to other teams and management
- Train other members of the sales team on the technical aspects of the company's products and services
Want to learn more about the problems we're solving and the culture we're building at Partly? Hear directly from our team here: https://tinyurl.com/52mpjzdc
🥷 Your skills
- Experience with technical pre-sales as an engineer, consultant or architect.
- Experience with auto parts e.g. parts interpreter, counter sales, e-commerce, etc. is desirable but not mandatory
- Background in software development or a related field
- Driven by hitting targets and delighting customers
- Very strong verbal communicator and ability to build rapport
Please note: if you don't have all the skills/experience listed above but believe you could be outstanding in this role, please still consider applying. Many folks, especially those from underrepresented or marginalised groups, often count themselves out. Please allow us to learn more about you and why you're exceptional!
We value transparency in our hiring process and want to give you an idea of what to expect when you apply for roles at Partly. You can go to the following URL to view the end-to-end interview process and who you are most likely to meet with: https://tinyurl.com/39bkn7sv
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- Parental leave and flexible return to work. After returning to work, primary carers can work 4-day weeks for 100% of their pay for the first twelve weeks. For secondary carers, we offer 10 days of leave at full pay.
- Flexible working hours. We’re office-first but are flexible with hours and working from home when you need to.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Christchurch CBD. With free snacks, drinks on tap, two different coffee machines, social areas, and one of the best cafes in Christchurch 50m away.
- Monthly team lunches to celebrate our wins and enjoy each other's company outside the office.
- Ergonomic workspace. Sit-stand desks, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces to suit all kinds of working styles.
Next-generation parts commerce